hello harlequins


I haven't posted in a while (again), sorry all! I'll try to catch up with some of y'alls posts (the latest one, at the very least) this weekend!

This is a continuation of the spring cleaning that I've been doing... I unearthed some of my mom's old harlequin novels back when she used to read them in the 90s (when she was an at-home mom). The ones pictured are books with summaries that seemed entertaining to me, haha. There are times when I want to read these really cheesy scenarios because I know I'm at least promised a happy ending... lol!

Generally I picked out these themes: secret children, fake/pretend relationships (that turn into more, obviously), taming-the-playboy-rich-CEO-etc... I can usually appreciate every ridiculousl cliche out there even though it's so... ridiculously cliche, haha!

I typed out the summary of this one:
Lydie had grown up too close to Marius Benedict to remain immune to her stepcousin's fatal charm. But Marius had merely seduced and abandoned her, leaving town under a cloud of scandal. Five long years and, no doubt, a dozen meaningless affairs later, Marius had walked back into her life, looking for all the world as if he owned it! The trouble was, he did.

As far as Marius was concerned, it was Lydie who was the deceiver. He had been away a long time--just long enough to have planned his revenge on Lydie Benedict down to the first quiver of her lips…
Hoping to read these for fun some weekend, so we'll see how that turns out, HAHA!

No comments:

Post a Comment