nikon d3100


A DSLR has been something that's been on my "things I would like to buy" list... probably for at least 4 years now? But I never got around to saving up money for it or I wanted to buy other items first. Anyways, this is the first "big" purchase that I made for myself with my paycheck, I'm even on an 18-month financing plan and stuff so I ended up buying a camera bag too. I am really happy with buying this. Also justifying this purchase as my belated birthday gift for myself!

I ended up getting a Nikon D3100. I thought about getting a Canon because my sister has one so we could have shared lenses... but at the same time, I wanted to try a different brand just to see. And ultimately I don't think there's too much of a difference (plus, I got both the entry level DSLRs, since I'm just a beginner).

I used some photoshop actions from lieveheersbeestje because I've always wanted to try them. Right now I'm just trying to play around and get acquainted with using the interface and such. =)


I started a side project for myself. Since I live at home now, I decided that it was finally time to go through my room and get rid of all the things that I had been hoarding for no reason. And I bought new bedsheets. I'm getting rid of my old headboard too, because I've had it since 1999. I put my mattress and box spring on the wood floor... I really love how low it is.

Basically my goal in this redecorating is that if I don't have space to put things in, I won't buy things that will clutter up my room! I also have the smallest room in the house (but the best facing window and air circulation, tbh) so I would really like to have minimal furniture that I need. This is the only corner that is "done".

I'll be donating a lot of old books, bags, clothes, etc. too! But it's just a little bit at a time... working full-time really limits my free time to tackle these projects. And my mom and I have started to work out at the gym regularly.

Eventually I'd like to refinish my night stand and desk and make them plain white, but that's a project for later this year =).

No comments:

Post a Comment